Eva talks to letterer DC Hopkins about comics, freelancing, lettering, and the joys of family life. DC dives deep in the science and technology of modern lettering, providing advice on what the field looks like, the software involved, and the satisfaction of seeing a finished page up close.
Bio: DC Hopkins is a professional letterer & designer working for clients such as AWA Studios, BOOM!, Dark Horse, DC Comics, Dynamite, Heavy Metal, Humanoids, IDW, Image, Lion Forge/Oni, Scout, Vault, and more. He is also a staff letterer at Deron Bennett’s AndWorld Design studio. DC lives in Indiana with his wife and son.
Places to find DC Hopkins:
- Official Website: hopkinsletters.com
- Twitter: @dc_hopkins – https://twitter.com/dc_hopkins
- Andword Design – http://www.andworlddesign.com
- Support the show: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/evaisadorable
- Rebubble shop: https://www.redbubble.com/people/evaisadorable/shop?asc=u&ref=account-nav-dropdown
- Eva Webb is a comics and genre historian, focusing on the weird and the interesting. Presently serving her sixth term as the dually elected antifascist nerd queen of Twitter. She's the host of Titular Characters but she can also be found on the Nerdfect Strangers Podcast.
- Eva's Picks2021.04.18Karla Nappi on Creativity, Screenwriting, Comics, Marketing, and Motherhood
- Editors and Production2021.04.17Tom Brevoort on the creative decision making process at Marvel, Mantles, and casting a comic
- Artists2021.04.16Rachael Smith on Comics, mental health, and surviving Quarantine
- The Podcast2021.04.11Joe Aubrey on comics, collaboration, capitalism, and the gig economy