Eva talks to comic book creator and editor Tom Peyer of Ahoy Comics. The discussion started by being about the creative process and then moved into a broader talk about the medium in general, and some of Tom’s experiences from his 30+ years in the field. Pretty good for someone who’s still remarkably in their 20’s.
Bio: This slope-shouldered industry veteran was a long-running writer on DC’s Legion of Super-Heroes, a founding editor at their Vertigo imprint, and the proud writer of their worst-selling, award-losing series Hourman.
He has since written enough major characters to fill one of those hyper-populated super-hero posters where you don’t know who to look at first.
Today he happily writes and edits AHOY Comics from his Ditkoesque office in Downtown Syracuse, NY.
Where to find Tom and Ahoy Comics
- Website: https://comicsahoy.com
- Twitter: @AHOYComicMags – https://twitter.com/AHOYComicMags
- Instagram: @ahoy_comics – https://www.instagram.com/ahoy_comics
- Facebook: ComicsAHOY – https://www.facebook.com/ComicsAHOY/
- Eva Webb is a comics and genre historian, focusing on the weird and the interesting. Presently serving her sixth term as the dually elected antifascist nerd queen of Twitter. She's the host of Titular Characters but she can also be found on the Nerdfect Strangers Podcast.
- Eva's Picks2021.04.18Karla Nappi on Creativity, Screenwriting, Comics, Marketing, and Motherhood
- Editors and Production2021.04.17Tom Brevoort on the creative decision making process at Marvel, Mantles, and casting a comic
- Artists2021.04.16Rachael Smith on Comics, mental health, and surviving Quarantine
- The Podcast2021.04.11Joe Aubrey on comics, collaboration, capitalism, and the gig economy