Kwanza sits down with Eva to talk about his critically acclaimed series Black, and his career in general. He provides insights about the creative works he loves and appreciates, as well as his early days in the industry.
Creator and author of BLACK, a comic series that explores: what if only black people had superpowers, Kwanza has worked in comics for nearly two decades. He began his career in Marvel’s online department before moving into other media roles. He later returned to comics to launch DC Comics’ web imprint and digital publishing initiatives.
In addition to his properties, Kwanza is also a creative architect of the H1 Comics line from the premiere French publisher, Humanoids – co-writing their flagship title, Ignited with comics legend, Mark Waid.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kwanzer
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kwanzer/
- Official Website: https://kwanzaosajyefo.com
- Eva Webb on Twitter – https://twitter.com/EvaIsAdorable
- Activity Page – https://characters.evawebb.me/issue-26
- Support the show – https://www.buymeacoffee.com/evaisadorable
- Empress Luxiva on Twitter: https://twitter.com/EmpressLuxiva
- Patrick Turla on Twitter: https://twitter.com/paaaaat_riiick
- Titular Characters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TitularPod
- Eva Webb is a comics and genre historian, focusing on the weird and the interesting. Presently serving her sixth term as the dually elected antifascist nerd queen of Twitter. She's the host of Titular Characters but she can also be found on the Nerdfect Strangers Podcast.
- Eva's Picks2021.04.18Karla Nappi on Creativity, Screenwriting, Comics, Marketing, and Motherhood
- Editors and Production2021.04.17Tom Brevoort on the creative decision making process at Marvel, Mantles, and casting a comic
- Artists2021.04.16Rachael Smith on Comics, mental health, and surviving Quarantine
- The Podcast2021.04.11Joe Aubrey on comics, collaboration, capitalism, and the gig economy